Search This Blog

Friday, June 24, 2022

Chicken karahi

 

Chicken karahi



 Today we are going to make karahi. There are different types of karahi like chicken, beef, mutton. Now karahi chicken is basically chicken that’s cooked in a wok which means karahi in Urdu so we’re going to make less oily version of karahi.

 

Ingredients:

Very simple ingredients yet a very tasty dish so here are my ingredients I have 2 whole chickens that are cut and cleaned and I haven’t marinated this one because I just cleaned it.

For the spices I have here one teaspoon of garam masala, 2 tablespoons of Kashmiri chili powder, the reason why use Kashmiri chili powder is because this dish is supposed to be hard so I’m not going to eat if it's not spicy, it’s supposed to be spicy you could use chopped Chili Peppers, Serrano Peppers, whatever you like but also the Kashmiri Chili Peppers are a little milder and it has a really nice colour too. It is going to add the colour to our dish we also have a teaspoon of coriander and cumin that is grounded. I have 2 tablespoons of green chutney, I have 2 tablespoons of ginger and garlic I’m going to use one teaspoon of turmeric and I’ll get that I have One Cup of yogurt or curd you want to mix it really nicely so that it’s not watering it’s really nice I have here about 6 tomatoes that I have grinded and that comes to you don’t have to be exact but it comes to about 3 cups of fresh grinded tomatoes we need salt for taste we also need  some fresh coriander here or what is called coriander or start parsley.

I’m losing my start here so when I get back to it I will let you know so how do we go or cilantro that’s fresh chopped up there we go and then we’re going to be use about a 1/4th of a cup of olive oil not too much oil but we need that ¼ cup you want pan fried the chicken and I’ll show you how that goes let me grab my turmeric and I’m going to meet you back here very soon some other track my walk on going to add about a 4th of a cup of olive oil in here usually this dishes made with a lot more oil okay that’s good enough star oil is really nice and hot don’t make it very hard where you burn the ginger and garlic surely hot in there we want to fry up this ginger and garlic so it’s got your Roma of the ginger and garlic coming out you just want to make sure that you don’t burn it now I’m going to go ahead and add my green chutney in there ginger garlic and the green chutney has cooked it’s been cooking up a really nicely so we’re going to go ahead and put half chicken in there I’ll tell you the reason why I didn’t jump the whole chicken in there it’s because if you see the bottom you see a lot of water in and I don’t want to get extra water in their don’t want extra moisture in there so I’m going to add that you want your wak to be heated on an medium flame, I want my chicken  in just stir frying  chicken it’s in my heat is pretty up there, I told you my tabletop doesn’t get really hard so basically we want to stir fry or chicken just until you see that parts of the chicken have started becoming white that my chicken has been started cooking for about 7 minutes and it’s not completely done it’s like halfway done this is perfect at this point now I’m going to start adding all my spices in Mysore tanaji cumin and coriander powder Garam masala powder red Kashmiri chili powder now once Sir spices are all in there now I will  stir well just for about 30 seconds to get all my spices really nice and mix at this point I’m going ahead and add the yogurt in there so just going to add my yogurt in here as well as my tomatoes. Now you see that I put my yogurt my tomatoes and all my spices everything in here this is the time you want to do a test to make sure that your salt your chili everything is good now the reason why I don’t add my tomatoes and my yogurt separately is because I don’t want to overcook my chicken cut chicken really cooks fast so at this point I am going to now go ahead and cover this up and put it on medium low or  golden medium low until my chicken is completely cooked through for about 20 minutes when we come back I’m going to show you.

 well it’s been about 20 minutes and I want you to see here what are chicken looks like if you see all that oil on top if we had added half cup or 3 4th cup that usually people do you would be swimming in oil so this is supposed to have a little bit more oil but the ¼ cup has still quite a bit.

This how you can make an amazing and tasty karahi at your home with half an hour and enjoy it with your family.

Karahi is a marketable food dish in Pakistan it has much demand and people are selling and buying it and making profit through it some big names are Butt karahi which is popular throughout the Pakistan and people are eating it.

Now days almost every restaurant in Pakistan is offering karahi because it's that common and profitable.

11 comments: